Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33 Page 34 Page 35 Page 36 Page 37 Page 38 Page 39 Page 40 Page 41 Page 42 Page 43 Page 44 Page 45 Page 46 Page 47 Page 48 Page 49 Page 50 Page 51 Page 52 Page 53 Page 54 Page 55 Page 56 Page 57 Page 58 Page 59 Page 60 Page 61 Page 62 Page 63 Page 64 Page 65 Page 66 Page 67 Page 68 Page 69 Page 70 Page 71 Page 72 Page 73 Page 74 Page 75 Page 76 Page 77 Page 78 Page 79 Page 80 Page 81 Page 82 Page 83 Page 84HISTORY 1882 In 1882, the Swiss watchmaker Johann Adolf Han- hartfounded his watch shop in the small town Diessenhofen before the company was relocated to Schwenningen in southern Germany in 1902. In the same year, the youngest Hanhart son Wilhelm (Willy) Julius was born, who created the first highly innovative era for the company in the 1920‘s. The 1920s Until the mid-twenties, stopwatches were pro- duced exclusively in Switzerland and were acces- sible only at very high prices. In 1924, Willy Han- hart achieved a breakthrough for Hanhart as he produced the world’s first affordable mechanical stopwatch and thus he pressed the start button for the leading company in the stopwatch sector which continues today. The 1930s Hanhart enlarges its product range with the first pocket and wrist watches, new and mechanically increasingly complex models came into producti- on. As part of the expansion, a second factory in Gütenbach, in the German Black Forest, has been established in 1934, where the current company headquarters are located today. In 1938, the first Hanhart chronograph was produced in regular production, marking the beginning of a new era for Hanhart: The mono pusher chronograph “Calibre 40“, today a coveted collector‘s item. It was followed by the legendary pilot‘s chronogra- phs “Calibre 41“ and “TachyTele“. Qualities such as first-class precision in a perfect shape already constituted the core values of the brand. The 1940s During World War II pilots and naval officers wore Hanhart chronographs. After the war, all business operations were shut down and dismantled and Willy Hanhart was physically detained. Upon his release, Willy Hanhart restarted production and rebuilt the workshops in Gütenbach, and the first production machines were acquired in exchange for existing wristwatches and movements. Addi- tionally, watchmaker tools were located in places that had been used for hiding during the war. The production of chronographs started again in 1949. The 1950s The production ran at full speed, whereby Hanhart focused increasingly on manufacturing mechanical stopwatches and innovative products such as timers, battery-powered movements for clocks as well as alarm wristwatches. In 1952, the headquarters in Schwenningen were rebuilt. In the same year Hanhart exhibited at the today‘s Basel- World for the first time. The company had become the market leader for producing quality mechani- cal stopwatches.